The Best American History Term Paper Topic Ideas: 20 Great Suggestions
More often than not, writing a really good American History term paper comes down to selecting a great topic that is original, interesting and allows you to explore in-depth without being overwhelmed by a lack of research material. The term paper will take several weeks to complete, so developing a great topic is vital. Here are 20 suggestions:
- What is the most important outcome of the War of 1812? How did it shape how the U.S. developed on path to becoming a global power?
- How did the Underground Railroad succeed when there were so many hurdles in both the North and South states?
- What role did the space race have on the U.S.’s position in the cold war against the Soviet Union and other communist powers?
- How did the war in Vietnam raise social, political and economic tensions in the U.S.?
- How did the Civil Rights Movement pave the way for political, social and economic awareness in later decades?
- How did media in the early 20th century help change the way political campaigns are run?
- How did the British imperial law intensify resistance from colonialists towards foreign rule?
- What effects did the Vietnam War have on Cold War diplomacy, the presidential office and the general population?
- How did the French and Indian war affect or influence the relationship between the colonies and England?
- How did Spanish, French and English exploration of what would become the U.S. affect the way in which the nation evolved?
- How did economic and social factors encourage the spread of slavery as a central part of the economy of the Southern states?
- Discuss the origins of slavery during colonial life in America? How was it different from what we know about slavery in the southern states?
- How was the Spanish and Portuguese model of slavery adapted to fit the economic needs of life in America?
- What were the problems with the Continental Congress? What were the areas in which the Continental Congress was effective?
- After the Bill of Rights was created, Washington needed a way to finance the new government. How did the development of the two party system reflect disagreements at the time over finance?
- How did the invention of the cotton gin provide an excuse for southerners to expand the system of slavery?
- In what ways did values and ideas held by the early religious colonialists influence the political and social development of the colonies?
- Why were the Anti-Federalists adamant in their resistance to the Constitution? What tenets of government did they wish to propose?
- In what ways were the Articles of Confederation effective or ineffective in providing a form of government in a new nation?
- How did the American Revolution change the fundamentals of American society? Consider political and social effects of the war in the last quarter of the 18th century.
- Research project problem
- Purchasing a research project
- Research project bibliography
- Chicago paper writing hints
- Tackle problems with writers
- Picking project writing companies
- Getting cheap term projects
- Preparing for a project defense
- Stress management paper
Need help with term papers? Here you can order custom term paper.
Get paper writing help from experienced writers at this site.
Write my paper request? Follow this link - a team of professional writers.
We will recommend more writing services later.